Did you know that Maxi-Cosi car seats are among the safest on the market. With many safety and ease of use features, plus our patented technologies you are guaranteed that your baby will travel in quality safety and style. But... it's very important that you know how to install your baby car seat carefully and use them correctly. Read our safety tips for using your Maxi-Cosi baby car seat.
Safety tips for baby car seats
- Always use the seat in a rearward-facing position, preferably until your baby is 30 months old.
- Only switch to a larger toddler seat when your child's head reaches the height marker.
- Use ISOFIX where possible. It makes installing the seat quick and easy and reduces the risk of incorrect car seat installation.
- Put the baby car seat in the rear of the car, preferably behind the passenger seat.
- Don’t use the baby car seat for longer than 2 hours – babies need to move around freely and change position once a while.
- Make sure that the harness system is pulled tight, but not too tight. Use the two finger rule and ensure that your straps aren't twisted.
- If you install the car seat with the car seat belt, make sure the lap belt is positioned correctly on the guides. Our baby car seats have blue colour coding to show where the seat belt should be positioned.
Safety tips for toddler car seats
- If possible keep your toddler in the rear-facing position for longer. Our seats allow for maximum ERF, which is 30 months.
- If you have ISOFIX anchorage in your car, use an ISOFIX seat. They’re easier to install.
- If you’re installing the seat with a seat belt, make sure it’s positioned correctly.
- Put the toddler car seat in the back of the car, preferably behind the passenger seat.
- Check your seat daily to ensure that it is in proper working order and that it is installed in your car correctly
Safety tips for booster seats
- Make sure the headrest of the child car seat is set just above your child's shoulders.
- For best car seat safety, use a comfortable booster seat with AirProtect™.
Maxi-Cosi car seats are among the safest on the market, but only by following the tips above ─ installing them carefully and using them correctly ─ will you get the very best out of them.
- Our Top Rules - Buying & Installing Baby Car Seats.
- Car Seats For Taxis / Grab / Gojek - Top 10 Features.
- What Does i-Size Mean for Baby Car Seats?
- We answer the 16 most asked questions about baby car seats
- Choosing The Right Baby Car Seat For Singapore.
- Choosing The Right Baby Stroller.
- Follow our facebook page for the latest deals.