Singapore's mugginess can be brutal. Here are some cool (get it?) ways to beat the heat:
- Know where to aim your nozzle: go ahead and mist yourself from that spray bottle of water (preferably stored in the refrigerator) but try spritzing your wrists instead of face and neck. This quickly cools down the blood flowing through your veins.
- Freeze water in water bottles and bring them to bed – wrapped up in a hand towel – to cuddle up with. Bonus: you can wake up during the night and have a nice cool drink.
- Use copious amounts of Snake Brand Prickly Heat Powder.
- Visit our air-conditioned showrooms and shop (feel free to stay for as long as you want!).
- Buy our Rhine Lounge Chair, also with a seat pad option, Kevina Lounge Chair, Kevina Chaise Lounge and Jagger Side Chair inspired by Harry Bertoia's Diamond design.
The Italian-born artist Harry Bertoia's Diamond Chair’s commercial success allowed Bertoia to devote himself purely to his passion: sculpture. Of the chair, he said, “If you look at these chairs, you will see that they are mainly made of air, just like light sculptures. Space goes clean through them.”
Our wire mesh Rhine Lounge Chair, also with a seat pad option, Kevina Lounge Chair, Kevina Chaise Lounge and Jagger Side Chair are intricately fun, look fantastic with their diamond form and just perfect for keeping yourself cool and comfortable in this oppressive heat. They work both indoors and out and are structurally light to boot.