In Singapore, the standard sizes of mattresses typically follow certain international standards. The most common mattress sizes are as follows:
1. Single: 91 cm × 190 cm (36 in × 75 in)
Single mattresses are designed for individual sleepers, usually children or adults who prefer a narrower sleeping surface.
2. Super Single: 107 cm × 190 cm (42 in × 75 in)
Super Single mattresses are slightly wider than single mattresses, providing additional space for more comfort.
3. Queen: 152 cm × 190 cm (60 in × 75 in)
Queen mattresses are a popular choice for couples or individuals who prefer more sleeping space. They are wider than single and super single mattresses.
4. King: 183 cm × 190 cm (72 in × 75 in)
King mattresses are the largest standard size available in Singapore. They provide ample space for couples who prefer extra room or individuals who enjoy a spacious sleeping surface.
5. Tall Beds: 200cm Depth
These longer or deeper mattresses are getting more common as the population gets taller. Many major brands do carry such sizes.
It's worth noting that there can be variations of 1 to 2cm in mattress sizes among different brands and models, so it's always a good idea to confirm the exact measurements when purchasing a mattress. Usually these differences are minor and should not affect your choices. A difference of 5 cm of more is considered non standard any more.
All Picket&Rail bed frames can accommodate the appropriate sizes
Top Bed Frame Questions
- What are the standard sizes of mattresses in Singapore?
- Is American Walnut A Good Material For Bed Frames?
- How Much Does A Bed Frame Affect Sleep Quality?
- Are platform bed frames with storage sturdy and durable?
- What is a platform bed frame with storage, and how does it differ from regular platform bed frames?
- Is It Better To Sleep On A Wooden Bed?
- What are the benefits of choosing a wood bed frame with storage?
- Is Oak A Good Material For Making Bed Frames?
- Are Solid Wood Beds Better?
- Which Bed Frame Is easier To Maintain In Sunny Singapore; Wood Or Fabric?
- Why Are Solid American Walnut Wood Bed Frames So Expensive?
- Are Bed Frames With Slats Better Or Those With Platform Bases?
- How Long Do Solid Wood Beds Last?
- Is it better to buy 2 single beds or one single mattress for a king size bed frame?
- Do Bed Bugs Prefer Wooden Bed Frames Or Fabric Bed Frames?