Caring for PU, PVC, and faux leather sofas and furniture requires regular maintenance and proper cleaning techniques to ensure their longevity and appearance. Here are some care tips for each material:
PU (Polyurethane) Leather Care:
- Regular Cleaning: Wipe the surface of the PU leather furniture with a soft, damp cloth to remove dust and dirt. Avoid using abrasive or harsh cleaning agents that may damage the material.
- Spill Cleanup: Immediately blot any spills with a clean cloth or paper towel to prevent the liquid from seeping into the material. Use a mild soap solution (such as dish soap diluted in water) for stubborn stains, gently wiping the affected area and then drying it thoroughly.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight: PU leather can be sensitive to prolonged exposure to direct sunlight, which can cause fading or cracking. Place furniture away from direct sunlight or use curtains or blinds to protect it.
- Avoid Sharp Objects: Keep sharp objects away from PU leather furniture to prevent scratches or tears.
PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) Leather Care:
- Regular Dusting: Use a soft, dry cloth or a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment to remove dust and debris from the surface of PVC leather furniture.
- Mild Cleaning: For light stains or dirt, use a mild soap solution (such as dish soap diluted in water) and a soft cloth to gently clean the affected area. Rinse with a clean, damp cloth and dry thoroughly.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals: Do not use abrasive cleaners, solvents, or strong chemicals on PVC leather as they can damage the material.
- Protection from Heat: Avoid placing PVC leather furniture near heat sources such as radiators or heaters, as excessive heat can cause the material to warp or melt.
Faux Leather Care:
- Regular Dusting: Use a soft, dry cloth or a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment to remove dust and debris from the surface of faux leather furniture.
- Mild Cleaning: Wipe the surface with a soft cloth dampened with mild soap and water. Gently clean the area, removing any stains or dirt, and then rinse with a clean, damp cloth. Dry thoroughly.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals: Avoid using harsh chemicals, bleach, or abrasive cleaners on faux leather as they can cause damage or discoloration.
- Prevent Scratches: Protect faux leather furniture from sharp objects or pets' claws to prevent scratches or tears.
General Care Tips for Synthetic Leather Furniture:
- Avoid Excessive Moisture: Do not oversaturate the material with water or cleaning solutions, as it can weaken or damage the upholstery.
- Test in an Inconspicuous Area: Before applying any cleaning product or method, test it in a small, inconspicuous area of the furniture to ensure it doesn't cause discoloration or damage.
- Follow Manufacturer's Instructions: Always refer to the manufacturer's guidelines and recommendations for specific care instructions for your PU, PVC, or faux leather furniture.
By following these care tips and maintaining regular cleaning routines, you can keep your PU, PVC, or faux leather furniture looking clean, fresh, and in good condition for an extended period.
- Top 10 Best Sofas You Can Buy In Singapore.
- Top 10 Best Electric and Manual Sofa Recliners in Singapore.
- Recliner Collection.
- Shop solid wood sofas.
- New - KUKA KM.886 Full Leather Sofa with Zero Gravity (1/2/3-Seater) (M-Series) (I)
- Foolproof Guide for Top Grain Leather Types And More.
- Caring for PU, PVC, and faux leather sofas and furniture.
- Semi-Aniline Leather vs. Full-Aniline Leather: Understanding the Difference.
- Leather Sofas - Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions (Singapore).
- Follow our facebook page for the latest deals.